When performing an exorcism, there are some natural herbs that you can use to get rid of negative vibrations or entities that are around you. Exploring these options, as well as diving deep into the effectiveness of holy water, smudging, salt, and healing crystals, is critical before stepping into a room with a demon.
Does smudging work during an exorcism?
Smudging is a form of cleansing that uses the smoke from dried herbs to cleanse and heal various areas of your life. While this can be helpful in exorcisms, it may not be powerful enough to remove dark entities or negative vibrations without the use of other methods such as crystals and holy water. Smudging should definitely be one of the first steps you take during an exorcism because it allows you to clear out any topsoil so that more effective tactics can work better. However, smudging itself will not cut it for removing demons from a person’s body.
What herbs fend off a demon possession?
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), thyme (Thymus vulgaris), and myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) are commonly used ingredients in exorcism incenses because they are thought to drive out evil spirits and provide demon protection if used together. All three plants have been used for thousands of years to help purify places where people live and work, removing negativity and negative energies that cause disease and mental disturbance. Using all these plants together helps restore the balance between mind, body, and spirit. Let’s break down why each herb is important.
The following herbs are commonly used in exorcism:
- Rosemary, as its Latin name implies (“rosa” = “dew”, “marine” = of the sea), is associated with water and the moon. It has been considered a protective herb for over 2,000 years. Its essential oil will become more fragrant under a full moon. It is an herb of protection and can be burned as incense or carried in a sachet to protect against demonic possession. It makes an effective tea for exorcism if you add this herb to your boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) was used by ancient peoples to ward off evil spirits, and is burned as incense in many cultures. Mugwort has been used by the Chumash Native Americans for this purpose. It can be worn as a sachet or anointing oil rubbed on the forehead of a person being exorcised may chase away any unwanted demons.
- Rose flowers are considered to be good omens and can help you when you have an evil presence around you. The flower is the symbol of Venus (love) and divine beauty, fill the room with these flowers to change the energy of the space. They make an excellent exorcism incense because they are considered symbols of love, purity and beauty, which is exactly what you want to clear away any negative energy.
- Patchouli oil was used by ancient Egyptians to ward off demons and bad dreams and has been used in Taoism for exorcism. It can also be blended with other oils such as lavender or sandalwood to give added protection before sleep. If patchouli is burned as incense during meditation or ritual it helps release negative emotions. This makes the herb useful for both preventing demonic possession and offering protection after it occurs.
- Peppermint leaves were carried by Egyptians to keep away demons, and the ancient Greeks considered peppermint a symbol of death. Peppermint oil is effective in warding off bad dreams when worn on the forehead before sleep or burned as incense during meditation.
- Henna (Lawsonia inermis) contains an incredible amount of etheric energy which increases your mental capacity during ritual rites. This happens when you inhale the vapors.
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) purifies both mind and body and eliminates negative energies. It also expels evil spirits and restores a sense of peace to the mind, making it better able to achieve tranquility.
- Frankincense (Boswellia sacra), because its sweet smell expels negative energy and helps restore peace of mind.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) was used by ancient Egyptians to heal the human body and spirit, especially when temple sleep or ritual meditation became disrupted. Lavender oil is very helpful in preventing nightmares that are caused by demonic activity as well as cleansing places where disturbed spirits have been encountered.
- Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum) has long been used by shamans and priests as a purifying agent, especially when ridding places of evil spirit activity. Burning sandalwood incense is also good for promoting trance-like states, allowing the mind to visit otherworldly realms and receive messages about potential problems before they happen.
Do you need salt to perform an exorcism?
Salt has long been used for both physical and spiritual purification since it absorbs negativity. Salt is often used to exorcise a place by forming a circle of protection around it, which stops any negative entities from penetrating the inner area. The word “salt” comes from the Middle English Salte (Old French sal), and is related to the Latin sal (salis).
You can carry grains of salt in your pockets as amulets to ward off bad luck and demonic possession.
In ancient times, salt was considered ritually pure because it could be made with just fire and seawater. Those who were initiated into sacred covenants were required to liberally sprinkle themselves with salt water before entering temples or other holy places for religious ceremonies.
Would healing crystals help with an exorcism?
Healing crystals are used to promote physical, emotional, and mental healing. But, the idea that just one kind of crystal exists that can heal everything is not true.
Different types of stones have different healing properties and using the wrong stone could be harmful rather than helpful; therefore, it is necessary to have a working knowledge of which stone is helpful in what situation. Crystals were not originally used by shamans or priests as religious symbols but became significant later when the practice of shamanism declined after Christianity became more widespread.
Holy places such as temples were adorned with many kinds of precious stones because they believed their presence would bring blessings. This connection continued even when people converted to monotheistic religions although the stones were still used for their mineral properties such as keeping away demons or in healing the sick. For instance, lapis lazuli was believed to purify the mind while chalcedony (a form of quartz) could heal an aching body. In general, crystals are helpful in exorcisms because they can produce and focus spiritual power which is directed at removing harmful energy, but they cannot remove demons on their own.
What would happen if you lit a black candle during an exorcism?
Black candles were originally created by practitioners of witchcraft who wanted them for a variety of spells that required darkness. Nowadays black candles are sold commercially so people don’t have to make their own anymore but they are still not recommended because intention matters.
The use of black candles, especially in a sacred space and during spiritual or religious ceremonies, creates an atmosphere that encourages darkness instead of light. This can create a breeding ground for harmful entities such as demons who feed on emotions like sorrow and fear. If used during an exorcism, it could lead to worse consequences because they could gain access to the inner circles where one’s connection with God resides. Black candles should never be burned alone or even with white ones since this symbolizes a rejection of divine guidance by working with evil forces; which is considered dangerous because it opens up a person’s spiritual self (soul) to demonic harassment.
Are there other kinds of candles that are effective?
The smoke from green candles, on the other hand, is helpful in creating an atmosphere where spiritual forces feel welcome because it’s associated with positive aspects such as growth and renewal. White candles are also useful when dealing with neutral or benevolent spirits who want to contact someone. A white candle can also be used alone especially when calling upon God or Jesus Christ to purify yourself from negative influences that could hinder you.
What should you never use during an exorcism?
The use of divination tools like tarot cards or any form of scrying during an exorcism could lead to disastrous consequences. It is not advisable to use these tools because they open up the gates or pathways that leads to the origin of the evil spirits. The exorcist might never be able to close them again which would enable these entities to wander around, and it’s even possible that they will gain more power from contacting their peers who may have taken residence in another person already.
Exorcisms should also not be combined with rituals involving fire. It is believed that demons abhor fire so this element can be used as a tool for protection when performing an exorcism. However, before starting the ritual all candles (black ones included) should be removed first since any type of burning could give them a point of entry into our world. Once the area has been cleansed and consecrated, only then can candles be placed around the ritual space.
Related: What To Do About Negative Spirits?
Do you need holy water to fight off a demon?
Holy water is not effective in fighting off demons especially those that are of a high order since they can simply evaporate it as soon as it touches their skin. Only God can fight off these entities which is why an exorcism is performed but He uses the prayers and rituals as His tools. In certain cases, however, holy water can be used to strengthen and empower the ritual so its effects are magnified when sent out towards evil spirits.
The only time evil spirits fear holy water is when it has been consecrated by a priest because this means that God’s grace has been placed into the liquid and concentrated within it (e.g., during Holy Mass or Benediction).
Related: How To Make Holy Water
Why do many people feel sick after an exorcism?
Aside from the pain experienced by a victim of possession, the person conducting the exorcism may also suffer from fatigue or get sick afterward. It is because evil spirits who were purged out of someone’s body leaves behind energy that has been contaminated with wickedness. The demonic entities can also interfere with the person’s equilibrium until they are fully removed from his/her system and this imbalance could lead to nausea, headaches, etc.